VoIP, or Voice over Internet Protocol, is the new technology that has given a paradigm shift to business communication. Irrespective of whether you are running a small, medium or large business, you cannot ignore the growing usage of VoIP as the preferred communication technology. VoIP has gained the confidence of its users by giving them access to a world of advanced telephony features. It is time to go mobile and businesses are fast realizing that it is imperative to extend their communications beyond the four walls of their office building. Mobility, in its true sense, can be implemented only when you use the latest communication tools offered by VoIP.
Voice over IP is here to stay and the technical issues that once dogged latest communication method has been overcome with the latest developments. Let us look at some of the important advantages being offered by VoIP and how those can benefit your business:
· Huge money saver – If you are getting bogged down by the telephone bills that you have to foot every month, it is time to seriously consider replacing your PSTN system with VoIP. The cloud based telephony system can help you save a lot of money, which can be realized within the first few months itself. VoIP does not use the traditional telephone lines during voice calls and instead uses your Internet connection. If you have a good data plan, all voice calls are sent as data packets, and does not cost you a penny.
· Long Distance & Overseas Calls - Overseas calls are also cheap when you use the voice over IP. With SIP trunking, the Internet is used till the last mile, and you are charged only for that. Now, you need not put restrictions on the overseas calls and instead reach out to customers located anywhere in the world – all at a fraction of the cost of the calls made from PSTN phones.
· Get connected to multiple people in one call – The traditional telephone system can be used for conversation between two people. However, in a VoIP call, you can use conferencing facility to connect to multiple people over one call. Thus, it is easier for you to arrange conference calls with your employees and customers.
· No upfront cost for software and hardware – VoIP is offered by the third party companies and you do not need to maintain anything in your office premises. The software and hardware are maintained by the VoIP service provider and all that you will require is an Internet connection, and end devices such as an IP phone, or a digital phone. If you have an existing infrastructure like PCs, Internet connection, microphones and speakers then your operating costs are further brought down. The hardware and the software updates are taken care of by service provider.
· Cool telephony features – Modern businesses need to stay ahead of their competitors and VoIP can play a very important role. There are amazing telephony features on the offing when you use voice over IP. Advanced features like voicemail, caller ID, virtual numbers, contact list, audio conferencing etc. can really help your employees to stay connected. They will be able to take care of huge volume of incoming customer calls, thus lifting the image of your business. Features like music on-hold will help you maintain glitch-free communication with customers who are put on hold. You can even integrate the VoIP with various other communication tools like Video conferencing which would definitely help your business operations.
It is time to take the big leap of faith because as is applicable with any new technology, your switch to VoIP will help you take maximum advantage of it.
About The Author
Michelle Patterson is excited with the new technologies that are threatening to change the way we stay in touch and communicate, particular in business. She works with companies that are introducing these technologies to make understanding them easy for regular people.